Past Debate Topics
- 2012 Young Patriots Essay Contest – Win Up to $5,000 in College Scholarships!
- 2013-2014 CX Latin America Topic Resources Archive
- About Debate Central
- Ask the Experts
- Brian Rubaie
- Chris Burk
- Cross Examination
- Cross Examination Topic
- Free evidence!
- Graphic: When Will My Case Critique Be Finished?
- Latest Topic News
- Learn About Debate
- Lincoln-Douglas Topic News
- March-April 2016 LD Topic Analysis (+ Bonus Evidence Files) Now Published!- Middle East Democracy Promotion
- Nick test
- Public Forum
- Public Forum Affirmative
- Public Forum Negative
- Public Forum Topic
- Public Forum Topic News
- Recommended Reading for Cross Examination
- Recommended Reading for Lincoln-Douglas
- Recommended Reading for Public Forum
- Space Topic News
- Student Gallery
- Styles of Debate
- Submit your debate case here for a free critique!
- Travel Log
- Young Patriots
- Young Patriots Essay Contest 2015-2016: Win Scholarship Money For College!
- Young Patriots Submission FAQ
Monthly Archives: October 2013
It’s that time again! Debate Central is proud to publish our “CON” analysis of the November public forum topic, Resolved: The benefits of domestic surveillance by the NSA outweigh the harms. You can find it below the fold!
It’s that time again! Debate Central is proud to publish our “PRO” analysis of the November public forum topic, Resolved: The benefits of domestic surveillance by the NSA outweigh the harms. You can find it below the fold!
How? By getting the word out about the Young Patriots Essay contest! Winners can earn up to $5,000 toward tuition at the college of their choice and other amazing perks like publication on the NCPA website and a trip to … Continue reading
Lately there’s been some stirrings in the Twitter-sphere about how difficult it can be to win in front of certain judges. At Debate Central, we absolutely understand that some judges may be more challenging to persuade than others and we’re … Continue reading
We’re hard at work on our topic analysis of the new Lincoln-Douglas topic, Resolved: In the United States criminal justice system, truth-seeking ought to take precedence over attorney-client privilege. Today, we’ve got a sneak-peek card to help jump-start your research while … Continue reading
Yesterday, the November Topic for Public Forum was released – it’s, Resolved: The benefits of domestic surveillance by the NSA outweigh the harms. We’re hard at work on our full topic primer for each side, but we hate to keep you … Continue reading
Two days ago, HSImpact published a fairly in-depth post about debating non-traditional teams. With many more teams talking about the topic in unconventional ways (employing poetry, personal stories, changing frameworks, or even new angles on time-tested tricks) it’s especially important … Continue reading